Search Site
Modification of Orders

Experienced Attorney Working  to Modify Orders and Agreements

 A skilled family lawyer assisting  clients in the Cape May County area seeking changes in child support, custody, visitation or alimony

Every family’s situation changes over time, and those changes may make it necessary to take legal action to ensure that existing court orders evolve to meet new family requirements. What was suitable to the parties at the time of the divorce or separation may no longer work as jobs change, children age and parents remarry, perhaps having more children with their new spouse. At my firm, we help families in the Cape May County area and throughout South Jersey obtain appropriate modifications to child support, child custody, visitation, time-sharing and alimony orders. Modifications of these orders often require proof that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. I  have the experience, skill and determination to present that evidence to the court. I can also address relocation issues when parents move into or out of New Jersey.

A responsive counselor advocating for modifications when circumstances warrant them

In family law cases, an existing court order can only be modified when there is a significant change in a parent’s or child’s situation. These changes may include a greater financial need or increase in income due to a job change or loss, a medical emergency involving the child, and a change in your child’s environment or time-sharing situation. I advocate for your rights in court to help you get the child support and child custody modifications you and your children need, and guide you through the often difficult procedures to get results. I also help families with domestication of foreign or out-of-state judgments, assisting them in obtaining court orders that ask New Jersey to treat an order from another state as its own. Transference of orders for matters like child support and visitation can be especially useful when families with children move into or out of the state.

A family lawyer providing clients with individualized legal assistance

When you bring your modification case to my firm, I will review your goals with you. Then we examine the existing agreements between you and your ex-spouse or child’s parent. Together we set realistic, achievable objectives to bring before the judge. Whether you are seeking an adjustment in your spousal or child support, are looking to adjust your visitation schedule, or are attempting to become the primary custodian of your children, I can help. I also represent clients seeking to retain existing orders when requested modifications are not in their best interests or those of their children.

Contact an experienced family law attorney for help with a modification

At my firm, I understand that your family’s needs change over time, and we are committed to helping you achieve a custody or support modification that addresses your changed circumstances. Call today at 609-465-9910 to schedule a consultation at our office.

Office Location
  • Cape May Court House Office
    207 South Main Street
    Cape May Court House, New Jersey 08210
    Phone: 609-465-9910
    Fax: 609-465-9920